Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Wines

Most of the wines that I had during these holidays were repeats. And, I still like them. Here is the list.
  1. 2006 Villa Antinori Toscana (Italy)
  2. 2009 Montgras Reserva Carménère (Colchagua Valley, Chile)
  3. 2007 Ortman Family Vineyards Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR, USA)
  4. 2009 Rabbit Ridge Vineyards Allure de Robles (Paso Robles, CA)
  5. 2006 Las Rocas, Calatayud Garnacha (Spain)
  6. 2009 Petraio Nero d'Avola
I also imbibed the following new wines.
  1. 2006 Windsor Sonoma Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma, CA, USA) - Unlike other Zins that I have tried, this was not a fruit bomb. Pleasant berry aromas on the nose and quite smooth. I am still trying to get Zins.
  2. Roux de Beauces Grande Reserve Champagne (France) - We cracked this open just as the new year (2011) set in. Smooth with balanced acidity and good bubbles - we liked it. Looking forward to an occasion when I can open the other bottle I have.
For the new year's eve, we went for an eight course (each course paired with a different wine) dinner offered by Executive Chef Vytauras Sasnaukas (a personal friend and one of our wine club member) at Americano. The dinner was absolutely delicious and a flavor-poluzza. Vy had worked wonders with these unique ingredients. Top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant and chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment