Friday, November 26, 2010

Back after a two months hiatus ...

It has been almost two months since my last post. Its been quite hectic with a job change, son's fifth birthday and now the holidays. I had to take a hiatus from blogging. But, by no means, it was a hiatus from wines. I tasted a lot of wines during this period. Some of the ones I remember are listed below with whatever I remember about them.
  1. 2007 Six Mile Creek Vineyard Quintessence (Finger Lakes, Ithaca, NY, USA) - a Bordeaux style blend with dark fruit and a bell peppery nose; Quite Good.
  2. Ventosa Vineyards Vino Rosso (Finger Lakes, NY, USA) - A nice blend of Lemberger (53%), Merlot (32%), and Cabernet Franc (15%).
  3. 2006 Atwater Estate Vineyards Cabernet Franc (Finger Lakes, NY, USA)
  4. Buttonwood Grove Winery Diva Sparkling wine (Finger Lakes, NY, USA)
  5. Viña MontGras Carmenère Reserva, Chile - Lost Bordeaux varietal with an amazing survival story; Amazing aroma with black pepper on the nose and a soft, silky texture; I absolutely love it and will buy more.
  6. 2009 Charles Smith Wines Kung Fu Girl Riesling (Columbia Valley, Mattawa, WA, USA)
  7. 2008 Trevor Jones Boots Shiraz (BarossaValley, Australia) - I still do not like Shiraz and I do not understand what the fuss is all about the Trevor Jones name.
  8. 2009 Del Rio Vineyards Rose Jolee Early Muscat (Rogue Valley, OR) - Extremely aromatic with Rose and Peaches on the nose; tangy, a bit sweet on the palette; overall delicious; goes very well with spicy food.
  9. 2007 Selbach-Oster Weissburgunder (Pinot Blanc), Germany - Crisp and Dry
  10. 2007 Ortman Family Vineyards Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR, USA) - Quite Good. And, with the attractive price that it is going for at Mustard Seed Market, I am buying some more.
  11. 2007 Erath Winery Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR, USA) - Very Good.
  12. Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR, USA) - Very Good as well.
  13. 2006 Domaine Serene Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR, USA) - This is the BEST. I seem to have found the best Pinot. Amazingly balanced palette and aroma. I just loved it.
 I also tried a great Spanish Garnacha but do not remember its label.

I did miss a Zin tasting of our club. Here are the notes from that wine tasting.

On a separate note, I did go to a local Beer Tasting. I love beer but did not come across anything extraordinary at this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment