Thursday, September 23, 2010

Return to Pinot Noirs

On a trip (conference) to Louisville, yesterday night I ordered a glass of 2008 MacMurray Ranch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. And, boy, it was good. Looks like I am getting a hang of Pinots after all. Black Cherry and slight Oak on the nose with a smooth, dry, oaky palette and amazing finish. mmm...

Encouraged by a good Pinot Noir experience, I ordered a glass of Castle Rock Pinot Noir at the dinner the next night. This one was good too. Black Cherry on the nose with a smooth, dry finish.

Then I tried the Fetzer Pinot Noir Napa Valley at the Fusion 10 Reception today. It was bad; nothing like a Pinot. Bummed by this experience I switched to Corona. Later, at the drinks and dessert social, I tried a glass of Canvas Merlot (CA, USA). Dark fruit with slight oak on the nose with a long dry finish. Quite Good.

On my last night in Louisville, I ordered the 2008 DeLoach Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Dark Cherry on the nose with a smooth finish. I loved it; not as much as the MacMurray Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment